This section is in need of updating but is displayed for example purposes...
74 Franchise Street
Home - 01332608822
Mobile - 07942000007
Nationality - British
Email - email@example.com
Age - 32
DOB - 16/10/80
Marital status - Married
I would describe myself as a conscientious and enthusiastic worker. I enjoy a challenge and taking on responsibility and work well as both part of a team and on my own initiative. My degree increased my awareness of the benefits of strict time management and gave me the specific skills required to manage people and a business environment effectively. My time in sales has helped me to become an effective communicator getting on well with people on all levels. I am self motivated, determined in my approach, and organised. I am highly computer literate with a sound working knowledge of all ‘Office’ applications. I pride myself on my proven track record in both driving success and exceeding expectation.
Customer Account Manager - Blackhorse Personal Finance (July 2007 – July 2008)
- My main responsibility in this role is to hit and exceed my ‘Lending Sales Targets’. I achieve this through, not only seeking out new business, but also cross selling to existing customers and at the same time helping them to manage and maintain their personal accounts.
- Great emphasis is placed on achieving ‘customer-delight’. Through this ethos, I maintain the brand of Lloyds TSB. I pride myself in my ability to achieve sales targets whilst ensuring the customer is dealt with in a fair and honest way.
- I receive regular training as part of the Lloyds TSB Scheme in both sales and customer service, in order to ensure that I am able to maximise my performance in both areas.
Sales Consultant - The Carphone Warehouse (Nov 2005 - July 2007)
- During my time in here I gained valuable team and managerial experience. Whilst my overriding objective was to achieve and exceed personal targets, my other roles and responsibilities included; coaching the team, morning briefings, driving sales focus and creating and maintaining incentives.
- The achievement I am most proud of was to be in the top ten of 150 area sales consultants for five consecutive months. I feel I have successfully balanced the procedural and sales requirements of the branch. I exceeded sales targets, in difficult trading conditions.
Trainee Assistant Manager - Footlocker (July 2005 - Nov 2005)
- This role, whilst short lived, helped to strengthen my managerial skills. I was required to lead by example, to constantly exceed sales expectations for both core and additional products.
- I helped to ensure the team understood how their individual strengths and weaknesses impacted on the store as a whole. Through this understanding I could coach effectively and deliver success.
- I also ensured the completion of day-to-day activities, such as; planning weekly rotas to include breaks which took into consideration relevant footfall information, interpreting and relaying relevant sales information, communicating with Head-Office and implementing POS display change.
Recruitment Consultant - Assured Recruitment (Jan 2005 - July 2005)
- Working within the recruitment industry allowed me an insight into a diverse cross-section of the local community. I was required to assess the suitability of prospective workers for employment and their specific skills for various jobs. Once assessed, it was my responsibility to ensure the business needs of our clients were met, by delivering the correct person for the job.
- This role was extremely fast paced and the wants of the clients always changing. Therefore, I needed to be very reactive to their needs. I would also liaise with workers and clients, to ensure a strong relationship between all parties.
- I also took it upon myself to produce various presentations, which were sent out to prospective clients to increase business and brand awareness.
Customer Service Sales Advisor - Virgin Mobile (Sep 2003 - Oct 2004)
- In this role I helped to manage many aspects of my store, under the direction of the Regional Manager. Sales targets were exceeded, reaching a 1st Quarter peak of 120% and 110% in the 2nd Quarter. This resulted in the store performing 3rd best in the country.
- I was selected by the Regional Manager to produce training guides for the rest of the region and helped to act as a ‘Trouble-Shooter’ for other stores to rectify stock problems and sales issues. This secondary role meant that I worked secondments, training staff in underperforming stores to help boost sales.
- I really enjoyed my time here and I feel this was reflected in my mystery shop assessments, regularly achieving high scores, which came in at 90%. I was offered a Supervisory role in Sheffield and at two other stores in the city. I also helped to provide cover for the Regional Manager for one week, with all regional stores reporting to and taken direction from me.
The University of Lancaster (1999 - 2002)
BA (Hons) English Literature 2:1
Worksop College (1997 - 1999)
A-Level English Literature B
A-Level History B
A-Level General Studies C
A-Level History of Art C
Worksop College (1994 - 1997)
10 GCSE’s at Grade C to A*
Download Curriculum Vitae as PDF
Download my Curriculum Vitae